The World Federation One Stop Fiqh

Ruling 2551

If possible, the formula of the khulʿ and mubārāh divorce must be said in correct Arabic. In the event that it is not possible, the rule is the same as that for divorce, which was mentioned in Ruling 2526. However, there is no problem if the wife says the following in English, for example, for giving her property to her husband: ‘I give such and such property to you for divorce’.