The World Federation One Stop Fiqh

Ruling 2560

If the father or paternal grandfather of a child marries him to a girl in a temporary marriage, he can give the remaining period of the marriage to the girl if it is in the interests of the child. This applies even if part of the period includes a time when the boy is bāligh; for example, a father marries his fourteen-year-old son to a girl for a period of two years. However, the father or paternal grandfather cannot divorce the child’s permanent wife.