The World Federation One Stop Fiqh

Ask an Alim

want to marry Christian girl but her father refused


I’m a muslim I have a christian girl who wants to marrye but her father refused, she decided to get pregnant because her father sworn he will never agree but we love each other so much, I told her pregnancy before marriage is not good. What can I do?


Wa alaykum salaam

– A muslim man is not allowed to do permanent marriage (nikah) with the ahlul kitab (Christians and jews).
– Only temporarily marriage is allowed.(mut’ah).
– A man and a woman are not allowed to have any sort of relation before performing nikah or mut’ah.

I suggest you to speak to an Aalim in your city, InshaAllah he will be able to help you.

Sukaina Taqawi.