The World Federation One Stop Fiqh

Ask an Alim

want to leave Abusive Father


My parents have been married for 28 father always abuse my mother physically mentally verbally and emotionally. My mother had tried everything to change his behaviour but still he didn’t change. Along with my mother he also abuse me n my brother..He insults us , put us down, beat us too…Me n my mother we both are financially independent..My mother wants a my question is: is it right for me to leave my abusive father and live somewhere else with my mother?


Assalamu alaykum

Yes, you are allowed to move away and live else where with you mother.

Kind regards