The World Federation One Stop Fiqh

Ask an Alim

Should I contact authority regarding child neglect


I have a sister in law who is a selfish person whom has no heart towards her parents or even own child. She leaves her 1 year old son for hours alone so she can go smoke weed and chill outside dressed provactivly. I’m worried about the child’s safety should I get involved and call child services or leave it and let alllah deal with her


Assalamu Alaykum
Thank you for your Question

Please take immediate action
I’m not sure what you mean by “leave her son for hours” but no child should be left alone.

Allah certainly uses means to help
Out everyone. One way of helping this sister and her child would be to take immediate actions.

I will suggest you speak to her. If you can’t, get help And let some one more influential speak to her and help her.
If this didn’ work then you must do the best in the child’s interest.

Kindly treat this as an immediate action.

InshaAllah all goes well,