The World Federation One Stop Fiqh

Ask an Alim

Money kept illegally


Someone forgot money some where, and the other person known to him took that money and didn’t return it. After wards that person felt guilty and wanted to return but couldn’t find proper way and in mean while the owner died, now what’s the possibility to return that money without declaring name and excuse to deceased family.


Salaamun alaykum
The person who took the money can claim he was indebted to the deceased or a third person is indebted.
If the value of the money has not changed significantly then the person who took the money can return the same amount but if the value has changed significantly then he has to talk to the deceased’s inheritors and come to an agreement

Zahra Davdani