The World Federation One Stop Fiqh

Ask an Alim

Nikha without Government marriage registration


I did paper marriage like a contract to get visa extension on which I just did a signature. This was just like an assignment. On the basis of that signature, I get the visa extension. I do not have any relationship with my contract marriage person. Even we are in different states. This was just a plan signature on a paper.
Moreover, the person is not Muslim so the signature was only a paper. Nothing occurs according to Islamic marriage.

Now if i do proper Nikkha with a Muslim man. And spend proper Islamic marriage life.
After Completing my current paper marriage duration. I submit divorce. and register my Nikkha in immigration.
My question is in all this process marriage life (Nikkha) legal?
Because I will do nikkha as per Islamic rules but not register, it will be considered marriage in family etc but not government record.

Best regards


Wa Alaikum al-salam

Thanks for your question

Since the paper marriage dosent happened according to islamic laws as it didn’t happen at all, there is no problem in this procedure and it is Halal


Sheikh Mahdi Mosayyebi