The World Federation One Stop Fiqh

Ask an Alim

Nikha after abortion.

I want to perform nikah with the man, I committed adultery with I was pregnent with his baby for two months but my parents aborted the baby as they said its haram. Now I want to perform nikah as soon as possible but I havn’t gotten periods yet. Can I still do nikah as my parents are very angry about nikah ,as we were engaged already.

Wa alaykum salam

Thank you for your question.

Doing nikah in this situation is allowed and it should be done as soon as possible.

My dear sister, I know that  it’s a human who makes mistakes,  but I wish, in order to rectify one mistake, you should not have committed another  mistake ( sin). Because some sins have have a lot of negative impact on our lives  and their effects cannot be easily erased and can make lives miserable.

But despite all this,you should never lose hope in Allah’s mercy.  Do istighfar and pray for Allah’s mercy,  He is the all Merciful.

For this you have to make sure not to repeat these kind of mistakes in future.

Sukaina Taqavi