The World Federation One Stop Fiqh

Ask an Alim

My father passed away few years ago so it’s not possible to have him as witness for marriage contract



Thanks for replying to my last question , I already knew about the Mutah so me and that guy did some research about it and we saw on a website the procedure and in the website ( click the link of the website) it was said that it’s not obligated to have a proper proposal or someone to be witness, it’s just between the girl and boy so we did exactly how it was said and it’s now 1year almost that we’ve done it. I don’t know what to do. My father passed away few years ago so as u said lastly it’s not possible to have him as witness. <—- your reply to my last question.

I will wait for your answer.

Wasalam <—-website link


Waalykum salam

Thank you for your Question.
You do not need your father as a witness, rather his permission is essential and obligatory to obtain for any marriage. Long or short.
If you father has passed away then you must seek permission of your grand father. And if he has also passed away, then you can make your own decision but kindly also see the following link for further understanding of self:
On a side note, for Islamic reference we cannot browse and use random sites. Wikihow does not know the shariah to abide by it and guide you!
You should speak to a local Aalim InshaAllah for Such cases.

Kind regards,

Naajiya Jaffery