The World Federation One Stop Fiqh

Ask an Alim

I want khulla but husband is not accepting


I have a question,I have currently left my husband and it is about 9 months now.I am looking to get a khulla due to domestic violence.My question is even after not having any sexual relationship would not the marriage be classed as void due to no sexual intercourse?.As the nature of husband I know that he will not agree to the khulla and just make my life more difficult.
Jazakallah Khair


Thank you for your Query

Separation and divorce will only occur after the divorce or khula formula is recited, whether the couple live together or not.
If your husband does not agree for khula, you can refer to a marja or his deputy to solve your problem.

Best wishes