The World Federation One Stop Fiqh

Ask an Alim

How to make kids halal if they are from a  woman, Who is not my wife. 


How to make kids halal if they are from a  woman (out of marriage) , Who is not my wife.


Salamun Alaykum

Thank you for your query.

وَلَا تَقْرَبُوا الزِّنَا  إِنَّهُ كَانَ فَاحِشَةً وَسَاءَ سَبِيلًا

Do not approach fornication. It is indeed an indecency and an evil way. (Surah Isra/32)


The children born illegitimately and from adultery will be considered illegitimate whatsoever. For every effect, there is a cause. For the children born in a haram way, the haram relationship is the cause. Once the effect comes into existence, you can’t remove the cause.

It is the fault of the fornicators to bring the child into the world in a haram way. So, a child born in a Haram way can’t be brought back in a Halal way but he is considered Paak. And that is why according to the Shiite school of thought, the Waladuz zina has some restrictions such as he can’t become a Marja(A mujtahid whom others follow), can’t inherit from the adulterer(father), cannot become Imam to lead prayers, he cannot become a judge. Some also believe the waladuz zina’s testimony is not heard and is not valid in court.

Unfortunately, there will be negative effects but what the father can do is, feed them Halal food and provide Islamic education so they can stay on the right path.


Tenth Greater Sin: Fornication:

The Problems of the Illegitimate Child (Walad Zina) and Foundling (Laqit) in the Sunni Schools of Law:


May Allah(swt) grant us success to follow the rulings of Allah(swt) and fulfil them.


Syed Haider