The World Federation One Stop Fiqh

Ask an Alim




I got touched inappropriately by several men when I was 10 13 15 and 16 years old. I am dealing with panic attacks and depression because of that I get scared of any men now, even My father and brothers. I know that they would never harm me in any way but I am scared. My parents forced me into a marriage. I am married for 9 months I can’t stand any men’s touch I have no sexual relationship with my husband because of that and I don’t want to continue this marriage. My family is not supporting me what should I do?

WA salam


Wa alaykum salam

Thank you for your question.

It is very disturbing to hear about this kind of behaviour from men especially when the target is a child. I wish they knew how severely they are affecting these children’s lives.

Regarding your case,I am glad that you know the root of your problem. And you also know all men are not alike. There are lots of good men in this world who dislike such behaviour.

And I am pretty sure you do not want to spend the rest of your life in this agony. You have a right to live like an average person, have a loving husband, beautiful children, and a good family.  Life becomes very difficult without a family.

And all this will only be possible if you help yourself. For this, you need to visit a good psychologist who will surely help you overcome this trauma.

Also, don’t forget to do dua for yourself. Ask your parents to pray for you. InshaAllah with Allah’s help you will be able to overcome this agony.

Our prayers are with you.

Sukaina Taqavi