The World Federation One Stop Fiqh

Ask an Alim

Divorce through court


السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

My question is related to Divorce as you see in the category section. Here is the scenario in which I need your religious opinion.

A lady took divorce from her husband through court more than a year ago. There is no connection between them since then. The husband married another girl.

The lady wants to marry another male now. Can she marry? or she needs to contact her ex-husband and ask for a divorce in sharia way?


Thank you for your question

Kindly refer to the following link for your answer

Divorce in Islam

With thanks and regards,
Ask An Alim Team.