The World Federation One Stop Fiqh

Ask an Alim

divorce after nikkah


AOA.i want to ask question about my brother.he is abroad,he came to Pakistan for nikkah three months before.then he went back within three weeks.only nikkah has been done not rukhsati .there is some serious issue that his wife told him when he went back and now it’s not possible for him to continue this nikkah.he want to divorce her.what he has to do according to shia alim regarding haq mehr.seege for divorce.its not possible for him to come to Pakistan.plzzz guide us what should he do.


Waalykum salam 

Thank you for your Question.
Kindly refer to the following link to read entirely upon Divorce. It is based on the Fatawas by Sayyid Sistani
english tozih 2016
2507. A man who divorces his wife must be adult and sane, but if a boy of ten years of age divorces his wife, precaution must be exercised. Similarly, a man should divorce of his own free will, therefore, if someone compels him to divorce his wife, that divorce will be void.


Kind regards,

Naajiya Jaffery