The World Federation One Stop Fiqh

Ask an Alim



I got married in 2012, and my husband is from Uk. In 2015 I have a son but got separated bcz of some personal issues after 3 weeks of my son’s birth. I start living in my khala house. In 2016 my husband sent me one talaq thru message but 13 days afterwards he sent me a message that he takes me back. But our families have issues that’s why v couldn’t get together. I come back to Pakistan in 2018 and start living in my parents house. Now he has applied divorce application in UK civil court and its finalised. But now v have decided to live together for the sake of our child. Some people say that UK court divorce is either no divorce bcz he neither write nor say the words talaq and some say it’s just one talaq and v can be together if v start living together within 3 months. V really love each other and want to live together. Can u tell what v can do? Thanks


Waalaykum Salam,

Thank you for your Question

The following is according to the Shia sect.
For a divorce to be correct, it has to have the following conditions:

1- You have to have two believing adults as your witness
2- The woman has to be clean of her menstrual period and also shouldn’t be pregnant
3- Proper Arabic words need to be uttered for the act to take place.

Best wishes