The World Federation One Stop Fiqh

Ask an Alim

Deception by relative


Assalamualaikum, my uncle ( husband of my mother’s sister),my father given him some amount in past for buying some property in partnership that happened 8 years ago from now,he had buyed that property and also sold that property, but told my father that there was loss in that property my father accept because he trusted him and the amount that he given to him was good that time, but after that my father arrange the marriage of my elder brother with my uncle daughter, I resisted that marriage because of that deception but my father trusted him because he was in trouble and having 3 daughters, so the marriage is done, but my uncle is still not changed, and I has a son of my father it can’t take any more. What should I do plz let me know.


In the Name of Allah, the All-Beneficent, the All-Merciful.
Assalam Alaykum,

My brother, from what you described, there is no need nor any provision for you to interfere in this marriage. To say the least, the marriage is already consummated, and furthermore, your concern is with the uncle and not with his daughter… they are two different people and you should not judge the daughter by her father’s actions. Inshallah they live a happy and fulfilling life.

Regarding your general concern, InshaAllah there is no more transaction that includes finances. But if they do come across, you either may offer to over or help your father by making the deal very transparent and filtered.
May Allah keep you successful

Kind regards
AAA team under the guidance of S.L. Al-Hakim