The World Federation One Stop Fiqh

Ask an Alim

Can I do Mutah with mature, baligh and owner of self affairs for sexual desire.


Salam, I Just want to know that can we do a mutah with mature, baligh and owner of self affairs (without consent of there father/grandfather) with the intention of sexual desire & intercourse only ?


Wa Alaykumussalam

Thank you for your query.

Girl needs to have consent of her wali(father/grandfather)


According to  Ayatullah al-Udhma Sayyid Ali Sistany:

Question: If a woman is over thirty years of age, and still virgin, is it necessary for her to seek the permission of her guardian for marriage?

Answer: If she is not independent, it is obligatory on her to seek his consent. Rather, even if she is independent, she must seek his consent, as a matter of compulsory precaution.


Question: Some Western governments allow the daughter to be independent of her parents, after she has passed the age of sixteen. If she seeks her parents advice, it is only for seeking their opinion or out of respect for them. Is such a virgin girl allowed to marry, be it permanent or a temporary marriage, without the consent of her father?

Answer: If this means that the father has allowed her to marry whomsoever she wants or that he has withdrawn from interfering in the matter of her marriage, it is permissible for her to do so; otherwise, based on obligatory precaution, it is not permissible.


Syed Haider