The World Federation One Stop Fiqh

Ask an Alim

A stranger give PKR. 500 to my kid but we do not want to take it


Asalamo Alaikum, I have a 2 year old kid. A stranger give PKR. 500 to my kid on an event as people usually do when meet kid at a first time. But my parent does not like to take any kind of thing from that person due to some personal issues.

I want to know that should I return thus PKR. 500 to that person as my parent ordered or this is only kid property like Eidi & birthday gift.

Kindly advise, what should I do.


Wa Alaykumussalam

Thank you for your query

The money which is given to the kids should be used for kids. It is not obligatory on you to tell your parents and you can use the amount for the kid’s purpose who was given the mentioned amount.


Syed Haider