The World Federation One Stop Fiqh

Ask an Alim

A lady want divorce from her husband and want to marry a person she loves…


A muslim lady ‘s husband was out of country for work for around a year in that period of time she met me and we fell in love with one another, we had sexual relation.  I know this is haraam and zina but I want to make our relation jaiz by making nikaah with her she is also ready for it. She had not been in sexual relation with her husband for 2 years and she does not want to live  with him, she spoke  to her husband about the relation she made with me but Her husband is not leaving her ,so please tell if there is any option in hadees about it or any other way or show me the correct way


Salamun Alaykum

Thank you for your query.

If a married woman has zina with someone else(other than her own husband), then on basis of obligatory precaution(Ehtiyate Wajib), that man whom she had zina will become Haram forever for her.

According to Ayatullah al-Udhma Sayyid Ali Sistany:

Question: If a married woman commits adultery with a man, what would be the ruling about them.

Answer: The married woman becomes permanently forbidden for him (obligatory precaution).

May Allah(swt) grant you success


Syed Haider